Crispy Noodle Chicken Salad with Hoisin Dressing
This healthy, delicious crispy noodle chicken salad can be on the table in 10 minutes – perfect for a super quick weeknight dinner!
- 1 whole cooked free-range chicken*
- 2 baby cos lettuce chopped
- 1 telegraph cucumber halved length ways and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted cashews or peanuts roughly chopped
- 140 g packet crispy noodles
- 1 cup coriander chopped leaves and stalks
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Chinese five-spice pinch of
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Combine all hoisin dressing ingredients together. Combine all salad ingredients, except nuts, in a large bowl and toss with Hoisin dressing just before serving.
- Divide salad between plates and top with shredded chicken and a sprinkle of nuts. Serve with lime wedges.
- *If you have the time, roast a chicken yourself. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and rub 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice and 1 tablespoon grated ginger all over skin. Season well with salt and roast for about 1 hour at 180degC or until just cooked through. Leave chicken to rest for at least 15 minutes before shredding (or slicing) warm meat, including some of the skin
If you have time, you can roast your own chicken for this recipe, or just buy one ready to eat from the supermarket. You could even use a whole roast duck from a Chinese restaurant to make this salad extra special. Using Hoisin sauce in a salad dressing is a little unusual, but gives the salad a delicious Chinese flavour. This chicken salad would be great to take to work for lunch as well – just let the chicken cool before adding it to the other salad ingredients, and hold the dressing until you’re ready to eat.