Leftover turkey or chicken Asian salad
If you’ve got leftover turkey or chicken, here’s a great Asian-inspired salad to make with it.
Calories 374 kcal
Dairy Free, Diabetic, Kid Friendly
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1½ cups leftover roast turkey or chicken shredded
- 1½ cups cabbage finely shredded
- 1 carrot peeled, shredded or grated
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- mung bean sprouts handful optional
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts chopped
- ½-1 cup fresh mint and coriander roughly chopped
- 2 wholemeal wraps optional
Mix all dressing ingredients together.
Toss leftover cooked shredded turkey/chicken with cabbage, carrot, thinly sliced spring onion, mung bean sprouts (if using), peanuts, and plenty of roughly chopped fresh mint and coriander.
When ready to eat, toss salad with the dressing. Eat as a salad or pile into a wrap, fold up and eat!
The Asian dressing (from my Good Food Cookbook) is very tasty and brings life to any salad! The hoisin adds a rich salty flavour that really compliments meat. I love adding plenty of herbs to this salad. Have this by itself for a lighter meal, or wrap it up in a wrap. Leftover turkey and chicken is so great to have in the fridge – so useful to whip up a healthy lunch!
To get the recipe for an amazing Christmas turkey with apple, sage and cashew stuffing, click here.