Shredded roast Duck, Orange and Snow Pea Salad
This dish is a great way to eat Chinese roast duck, the veggies and dressing will help lighten it up and will taste great with the crispy skin!
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce 3
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 150 g snow peas
- 3 oranges segmented
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 roast duck* meat shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
Blanch snow peas by plunging into boiling water to cook for 1 minute, then drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water (this will ensure they stay nice and crunchy).
Toss drained snow peas, oranges, cherry tomatoes and duck meat together. Just before serving toss with the dressing and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
* Either buy a roast duck from a Chinese restaurant, or to roast a duck yourself preheat an oven to 180 degC/355 Fahrenheit, prick duck all over with a sharp knife, season with salt and pepper, and place on a roasting rack inside a roasting dish. Roast for 1 ½ hours, letting all the fat render out.
Buy a roast duck from a Chinese restaurant to fast track this recipe and create a delicious, stylish entree or light lunch in under 10 minutes. If you want to roast the duck yourself, see below for a recipe.